Becoming Kin: An Indigenous call to unforgetting the past and reimagining our future. Forward by Nick Estes. Now available for pre-order.
Aambe: Where books collide. This is my substack page because sure, all the cool kids have a substack now so why not. This is where the books I read collide with other books and new things emerge.
Highly Pertinent Digressions. This substack is where my friend Neil Ellis Orts and I take turns writing essays that have a relationship to the previous essay but embrace the digressions that happen. Because apparently the journey matters.
Print and online:
- August 2022 Was Jesus a Pharisee?
- April 2022 The Land with Whom – on religious nationalisms, kinship versus citizenship, and Land Back as an alternative to the violence of colonial borders.
- February 2022 To Be Good Kin – an excerpt from the book with a brief reflection
- March 2022 Solidarity with Ukraine: an Indigenous view
- April 2021 A Broadened Sense of Abolition
- April 2021 Ambe: A Year of Indigenous Reading
- February 2022 Why was Noah silent at the end of the world?
- December 2021 Refusing to be comforted
- April 2020 Christians romanticize wandering yet rendered my people homeless
Religion News Service
Come See Me!
September 2-5 at Socialism 2022 in Chicago
October 21-23 Becoming Kin weekend retreat in Elgin Ontario with Alexis Shotwell.
August 7, 2022. Subaltern Speaks Podcast “is a podcast that explores the legacies of colonialism on the religion and spiritualities of colonized peoples, otherwise known as the “subaltern” in post-colonial studies.” This conversation is released in two parts, Part One and Part Two.
August 4, 2022 How to Heal Our Divides. Book Interview with Brian Allain on You Tube.
August 3, 2022 The Big Story podcast: What did the Pope’s apology mean? And what comes next?
May 24, 2022 New Leaf Theology Podcast: Becoming Kin